31 March – 5 April 2021
$2990 (double occupancy)
$3390 (single occupancy)
Join us on this 6 day workshop as we explore the magnificent Utah Badlands, capturing its captivating palette of colors from sunrise through to sunset – and beyond! Photograph the dramatic and rugged narrows of this mysterious place and experience the colorful hues of this untamed part of Utah with our expert guides.
We have teamed up with our world-class partners at Viking International Photo Tours and Global Elite Photographers to bring you a workshop like no other. Join Siggi William & Dr. Kah-Wai Lin, for this unique adventures to Utah Badlands!
For registration and sign-up, please e-mail me at:
kahwailin (AT) outlook (DOT) com
- Improve your Landscape, Astro, and Golden Hour photography skills
- Learn composition techniques to transform your photos into compelling, creative, and engaging images
- A small group (1:4 guide to client ratio) workshop to ensure your experience is truly personal, and you get to know your guide and fellow photographers
Discover the badlands with us…
Photograph the dramatic and rugged narrows of the Utah Badlands and experience the colorful hues of this untamed part of Utah with our expert guides.Our intimate knowledge of the area and a guide to participant ratio of 1:4 will allow us to provide you with the best way to capture the breathtaking beauty that this untamed part of the Colorado Plateau has to offer.
On this photo adventure, we will explore many picturesque locations. This area is is overflowing with dramatic sandstone features including arches, monoliths, endless canyons, red rock, white domes, and countless stunning desert features to feast your eyes on.
Be prepared to enjoy more diversity in the landscape as we venture outside of the more well-known locations. This region is home to some of the most interesting badlands in the world. The colorful hues of Bentonite Hills, the bluish Mancos Shale badlands, and the deep martian-red badlands of the Chinle Formations are just some of the areas we will visit.
With its dark skies and endless foregrounds, we’ll also have several opportunities to photographing the stars in one of the few remaining dark skies in the US.This is a drone-friendly workshop and we will be happy to assist with instructions on how to take spectacular photos using your drone!
Safety & Medical
Joshua Tree conditions can be rugged and harsh. You will be expected to follow instructions to ensure you are kept safe and out of harm’s way.
You must also advise us in advance and in writing of any illness, injury or pre-existing medical conditions that might reasonably be expected to affect your attendance and participation during the workshop.
The itinerary for our workshop is subject to change at the discretion of our Photo Guides depending on the weather, which can be unpredictable. We will check the weather forecasts and road conditions and plan our day to optimize shooting conditions. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to visit all the locations on the itinerary.
Recommended Photography Equipment
A recommended list of gear will be sent out as soon as you book to give you ample time to prepare for your adventure.
Terms & Conditions
Please refer to the Booking Terms and Conditions.
Booking with Kah-Wai Lin Photography LLC (New Jersey, USA) indicates acceptance of the Terms and Conditions as outlined.
US$2990 per person double occupancy.
US$3390 per person single occupancy.
Maximum 10 people
90 days prior to the workshop starting date.
Meet the Guides
- 6 day workshop with 5 nights accommodation
- Transportation during the workshop in a comfortable 4×4 vehicle with ample room for you and your photography gear
- Exclusive VIP and Global Elite Photographer swag
- Disposable masks and hand sanitizer availability for all participants during the duration of the workshop
- Award-winning, professional Photo Guides who will provide a combination of instruction and in-field guidance
- Image review session with Photo Guides
- Permits for parks/monuments
- Access to exclusive discounts on gear from our partners
- Flights and transportation to/from Hanksville
- Food and beverages
- Items of a personal nature including (but not limited to) laundry services, clothing, Wi-Fi, email or phone charges
- Gratuities for Photo Guides, local guides and/or drivers