6 – 10 November 2023
$3690 (double occupancy)
$3990 (single occupancy)
Discover the beauty of the Bayou in a workshop experience that is uniquely captivating. Gliding amongst giant cypress trees hundreds of years old, branches decked with colorful foliage and adorned by the gossamer of hanging moss. As mist rises from the water of the flooded forest it creates an ethereal landscape with innumerable photographic opportunities. Soft light filtering through the branches, reflections dancing in the calm waters, the sense of serenity of this landscape is unparalleled. We will be exploring hidden locations of the Caddo Lake and Big Cypress Bayou in Texas and Louisiana.
For inquiry, please e-mail me at: kahwailin (AT) outlook (DOT) com
If you wish to pay with bank transfer, Zelle, Chase QuickPay or check, please e-mail me at: kahwailin (AT) outlook (DOT) com
If you wish to pay with credit card or PayPal, there will be 3% extra charge, please proceed with the following:
- Improve your Landscape and Wildlife photography skills with our team of master photographers.
- Learn composition techniques to transform your photos into compelling, creative, and engaging images.
- A small group (1:4 guide to client ratio) workshop to ensure your experience is truly personal, and you get to know your guide and fellow photographers.
- We will use 2 spacious motorboats to ensure the comfort of the clients, and to ensure everyone can freely move around for creative composition.
- Capture the autumn colors and early foggy mornings or the enchanting bayou during this perfectly timed workshop!
Arrival & Departure
Arrival in Shreveport Airport (SHV). You should arrive no later than 12PM in the day 1 of the workshop.
Departure from Shreveport Airport (SHV). You should depart no earlier than 12PM in the last day of the workshop.
We will base in Marshall, Texas throughout the workshop. During the workshop, we will launch our boats in various locations in the Texas and Louisiana side of Caddo Lake and Big Cypress Bayou. The itinerary is subject to change at the discretion of our photo guides depending on factors including but not limited to weather, road conditions, transportation delays, and other factors beyond our control. We will check the weather forecasts and plan our day to optimize shooting conditions.
Safety & Medical
Swamp photography is not without risk. Wind, rain, mud, wildlife and the terrain are real dangers when photographing on location. You are expected to follow instructions to ensure you are kept safe and out of harm’s way.
You must advise us at the time of booking and in writing of any illness, injury, or pre-existing medical conditions that might reasonably be expected to affect your attendance and participation during the workshop.
Please be aware that cell/mobile reception is intermittent throughout parts of the Southwest US. You can expect to be offline at times.
In the event of an emergency, our Guides are First-Aid, CPR/AED, and Wilderness trained and certified by the Red Cross. They will carry a satellite beacon, which allows them access to emergency services if there is no cell service available.
There are drone-friendly places in Southwest US, so if you own a drone, you are welcome to bring it along to the workshop. Please note that you are solely responsible for your equipment and are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations specified by the Federal Aviation Administration (which can be accessed here) and any other applicable state, park, and monument-specific regulations. We will not be liable for any injury or damage caused to equipment, environment, or people caused by you operating your drone during our workshop.
Recommended Photography Equipment and Packing List
A recommended list of gear will be sent out as soon as you book to give you ample time to prepare for your adventure.
Rachel Jones Ross
US$3690 per person double occupancy.
US$3990 per person single occupancy.
Very easy, boat trips, no hiking
Maximum 8 people
120 days prior to the workshop starting date.
- 5 day workshop with 4 nights accommodation
- Transportation to/from airport
- Transportation during the workshop in a comfortable vehicle with ample room for you and your photography gear
- Use of motor boats to get to our secret locations in the bayou
- Award-winning, professional photo guides who will provide a combination of instruction and in-field guidance
- Image review session with photo guides
- Access to exclusive discounts on gear from our partner
- Flight to our workshop location
- Food and beverages
- Items of a personal nature including (but not limited to) laundry services, clothing, etc.
- Gratuities for photo guides, local guides and/or drivers
This tour is dependent on weather, as the precise timing of peak autumn color vary every year. There is no guarantee for peak autumn color, although November is the best bet for it. However, the Cypress swamp is always beautiful to photograph in any condition. The appearance of fog is also highly dependent on weather and temperature.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If you cancel and the workshop greater than 120 days from the start date of the workshop, and the seats does not fill, we will refund you the full amount you have paid, minus a $200 service charge. If you cancel and the workshop within 120 days or less from the start date of the workshop, and the seats does not fill, the fee is non-refundable.
Please read the terms and conditions at: https://kahwailin.com/terms-and-conditions/
By signing up the workshop, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein, and all conditions established by Kah-Wai Lin Photography LLC, New Jersey, USA.