10 – 14 November 2022
$3690 (double occupancy)
$3990 (single occupancy)
Discover the beauty of the Bayou in a workshop experience that is uniquely captivating. Gliding amongst giant cypress trees hundreds of years old, branches decked with colorful foliage and adorned by the gossamer of hanging moss. As mist rises from the water of the flooded forest it creates an ethereal landscape with innumerable photographic opportunities. Soft light filtering through the branches, reflections dancing in the calm waters, the sense of serenity of this landscape is unparalleled. We will be exploring hidden locations of the Atchafalaya basin both by kayak and boat based on your preference.
For inquiry, please e-mail me at: kahwailin (AT) outlook (DOT) com
If you wish to pay with bank transfer, Zelle, Chase QuickPay or check, please e-mail me at: kahwailin (AT) outlook (DOT) com
If you wish to pay with credit card or PayPal, there will be 3% extra charge, please proceed with the following:
- Improve your Landscape and Wildlife photography skills with our team of master photographers
- Learn composition techniques to transform your photos into compelling, creative, and engaging images
- A small group (1:4 guide to client ratio) workshop to ensure your experience is truly personal, and you get to know your guide and fellow photographers
- We will use kayaks if possible to protect the sensitive areas and to allow us to capture amazing reflections
- Capture the autumn colors and early foggy mornings or the enchanting bayou during this perfectly timed workshop!
Safety & Medical
Swamp photography is not without risk. Wind, rain, mud, wildlife and the terrain are real dangers when photographing on location. You are expected to follow instructions to ensure you are kept safe and out of harm’s way.
You must advise Viking International Phototours at the time of booking and in writing of any illness, injury, or pre-existing medical conditions that might reasonably be expected to affect your attendance and participation during the workshop.
Our workshop’s itinerary is subject to change at the discretion of our Photo Guides depending on factors including but not limited to weather, road conditions, transportation delays, and other factors beyond our control. We will check the weather forecasts and road conditions and plan our day to optimize shooting conditions.
We cannot guarantee that we will be able to visit all the locations on the itinerary.
Please be aware that cell/mobile reception is intermittent throughout parts of the Southwest US. You can expect to be offline at times.
In the event of an emergency, our Guides are First-Aid, CPR/AED, and Wilderness trained and certified by the Red Cross. They will carry a satellite beacon, which allows them access to emergency services if there is no cell service available.
There are drone-friendly places in South West US, so if you own a drone, you are welcome to bring it along to the workshop.
Please note that you are solely responsible for your equipment and are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations specified by the Federal Aviation Administration (which can be accessed here) and any other applicable state, park, and monument-specific regulations.
Viking International Phototours and our Photo Guides will not be liable for any injury or damage caused to equipment, environment, or people caused by you operating your drone during our workshop.
Recommended Photography Equipment
A recommended list of gear will be sent out as soon as you book to give you ample time to prepare for your adventure.
Terms & Conditions
Please refer to the Booking Terms and Conditions. Booking with Kah-Wai Lin Photography LLC (New Jersey, USA) indicates acceptance of the Terms and Conditions as outlined.
US$3690 per person double occupancy.
US$3990 per person single occupancy.
Very easy, no long hiking
Maximum 8 people
90 days prior to the workshop starting date.
- 5 day workshop with 4 nights accommodation
- Transportation during the workshop in a comfortable vehicle with ample room for you and your photography gear
- Use of motor boats to get to our secret locations in the bayou
- Award-winning, professional photo guides who will provide a combination of instruction and in-field guidance
- Image review session with photo guides
- Access to exclusive discounts on gear from our partner
- Flight to our workshop location
- Food and beverages
- Items of a personal nature including (but not limited to) laundry services, clothing, etc.
- Gratuities for photo guides, local guides and/or drivers